A few weeks ago when I was making lists and planning for my trip to Florida I started pulling out some of my spring staples. I absolutely love dressing for spring, the temperatures are perfect in my mind. You can toss on a light dress, but can also still reach for your favourite sweater from the previous winter months. In my mind it’s really a win win. I wanted to put together a spring style guide for you all and show you the top pieces I crave and reach for time and time again during spring. These are without a doubt my spring style essentials and the great thing is you might already have some from winter (think those printed pants) and many can transition in to summer (think bright fun dresses).
1. Crop Top and Skirt: This is definitely at the top of my list for spring. I love the look of a matching top and skirt paired together. What’s even better is that you can pair each piece separately to create even more styles. I love the idea of a crop top, but especially one that shows just a sliver of skin.
2. Ripped Jeans: This is really a year round staple, but I find I reach for my ripped jeans once the temperatures rise. I love pairing ripped jeans with just about anything. I think they can instantly make an outfit more casual which is great when you pair it with a nicer top or blazer. My favourite ripped denim are in a medium wash and a black pair (last seen here), but I also really want to try and find a perfect white pair!
3. Trench Coat: This is definitely the most classic piece in this style guide and one that can be worn over and over again. A trench coat is so versatile and can be paired with really any outfit. I love the recent trend of coloured trenches (think light pink) and draped trenches, I think they add a little something extra to the classic silhouette.
4. Bright Dress: I truly think I can never have enough fun dresses (Matt and our closet might disagree). However, an easy dress has quickly become my go to outfit in the spring and summer. It makes life so much easier when you can grab one piece of clothing toss it on and not have to worry about anything else. I simply love dresses and I especially love a fun patterned one or one with a bright pop of colour.
5. Printed Pants: A few years ago I went a little crazy with printed pants and purchased about 3-5 pairs. I’m not sure what it was that spring, but they were everywhere! I’m glad this trend hasn’t faded because a pair of printed pants is another easy and fun spring essential. I like to dress mine up with heels and a blazer or pair it with a plan t-shirt and flats for a more casual look.
6. Fun Accessories: This might be my favourite spring essential, since you can’t really go wrong with fun accessories. I love looking in stores like Forever 21 and H&M to find some fun and over the top accessories for spring. I grabbed a pair of oversized pink sunglasses the other day and I can’t wait to wear them. I think spring and summer are the perfect seasons to just go for it and try that crazy colour or wacky print, I mean why not?
Crop Top & Skirt: one / two / three / four
Ripped Jeans: one / two / three / four
Trench Coat: one / two / three / four
Bright Dress: one / two / three / four
Printed Pants: one / two / three / four
Fun Accessories: one / two / three